Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mistimed Marriage

Two years! Two bloody years after my marriage, the government of Maharashtra rules that live-in relationships are as good as marriage. I hate these assholes that make the rules. What were they doing till now? Shoot these rascals.

Circa 2006, I convinced the girlfriend (now, wife) that a live-in relationship would be a much better option to marriage. The sweet girl she was then, she hesitantly agreed. Just as I was gonna break into my victory jig, she cut me short and reminded me that we live with our parents. Reality check... plans doomed :-(

Figthing deranged tigers is an easier task than to convince parents. So without even giving it a shot, I accepted defeat. I think it was a wise decision because I can imagine the reaction of marwari parents. The argument would have been sealed with the demise of the arguer.

Now, if the government would have made the rule a couple a years ago, I would have stood a lil chance to convince the parents on the grounds that it was a legal relationship. Why cant progress be timed correctly?

I now oppose this ruling because now I am a harried oops, married man. Why should my bachelor friends, running away from marriage, get this unfair advantage? Damn the rule. For once the wife agrees! Its the most memorable moment of my wedded life - she agrees! Wow, here comes the victory jig.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 16, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

Greetings, I just discovered your blog. I have been writing a blog for 3.5 years at www.pissd.com. It covers legal topics in the U.S.

I also have a blog at www.immigration-law-answers-blog.com.

I've enjoyed reading through your recent posts. If I can help you or any of your friends, please let me know.

Bob Kraft

vidhi October 16, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

hi..have been thinkin to comment on ur wonderful style of gettin pissed wid things,but just cudnt make it...i'd definately like to appreciate ur efforts coz d blogs r really funny n at d same time u've managed to giv out some message too..some how ur wife always becomes a part of ur puns?or u jus do it intentionally?
anyway keep up the good work...not of getin pissed..but writin on pissd.blogspot.com

Join list & get email when I update Pissd: email: